Friday, January 19, 2007

Nomination

In the 'blowing my own trumpet' area... I learnt today that my novel ABSOLUTE HONOUR has made the ten book shortlist for the OLA Evergreen Award. That's the Ontario Library Association, and the books will now be promoted through libraries there. Its readers who vote, not librarians. Don't know much else yet, but will let you all know as and when.

Oh, and for readers in the Maritimes... I will be at the Halifax Writers Festival March 29th through April 1st. Will confirm what I am doing where and when. I know I've had to write a web blurb for a Masterclass on Historical Fiction. Bit unnerving. I still think of myself as the New Kid in town. And here I am going to be a... Master! (You have to pronounce that last word with a heavy jaw while thinking of aged cognac. Go on, try it!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You're going to Hali? That is one of my favourite cities in the world. Been before? 'Tis full of nautical wonderfulness.

Tragic that I am just missing you. I'm hanging around there later in April.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You're going to Hali? That is one of my favourite cities in the world. Been before? 'Tis full of nautical wonderfulness.

Tragic that I am just missing you. I'm hanging around there later in April.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home